Saturday, August 29, 2009

Goddess RajaRajeshwari





This photo is of Goddess RajaRajeshwari at the temple in RajaRajeshwari nagar, Bangalore. I think most of the residents in Bangalore would have visited this temple atleast once. I have been going to this temple since last ten years and I think the atmosphere in this temple has made me change a lot.


I visit this temple almost every month with my parents, I just love the peace of mind that i get here. This temple is unlike all other temples in Bangalore. I remember the temples of Mangalore when i visit this temple and thats because its not in a crowded place. Just having an eye to eye contact with the Goddess just makes u forget everything, you start feeling so humble, a small particle of sand in this whole world. The smile on her face is just so beautiful like a small kid innocently smiling even though she is the person who knows everything. When you see her you wont feel like asking anything you just feel she knows everything and she'l do it for you, she'l take care of you like a mother, gives you everything like a father, just her blessings is more tan enuf for you.

Everyone should visit this temple during Navaratri, seeing her with the golden kavachalankara(photo which i have attached) is just enough to feel her presence in the temple with her smile telling that she is liking the seva being offered to her by the devotees. Other time when you must visit the temple is the day after Sankranti, when the Goddess is decorated with flowers and all kind of vegetables given by the farmers during Sankranti, seeing her face you can tell that she is liking it all and blessing all those farmers :-).


When i recently visited the temple druing Mom's birthday I happened to see "Uyyale Seve", again it was such a nice experience seeing her sitting in the uyyale and seeing the pooja being performed just filled tears in my eyes, her smile just makes me forget everything else. I had read once, if you sleep and tell Lalitha Sahasranama, Goddess will sit and listen. If you sit and tell, she'll stand and listen. If you stand and tell, shel be very happy, it is so true i felt. I want to thank her for everything she has given me and want to be lost in another heavenly world just seeing her smile. I love her lots :)

Anyone who has not visited this temple, pls do visit soon :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hadnt been to this temple yet. After reading this, i m sure will visit it. The main fact which draws me is that you mentioned it is similar to temples in mangalore.

shailanayak said...

yup the environment is very much similar to the temples in Mangalore, and once you enter the temple u wont feel ur in blore :-) Let me know your exp wen u visit the temple :-)

ShruVenk said...

HI!!

My experience at the temple was exactly the same as you have so beautifully described in the blog.

Some other temples in Bangalore where I feel similar vibes are GaviGangadeeshwara Gudi at Hanumanthanagara and GaLi Anjaneya Devasthana on Mysore Road.

Missing Bangalore a thousand-folds more right now.

Cheers to your fantastic blog :)

shailanayak said...

hey Shru thanks kane :-)

Ya wat u told about the other two temples is also very true :-)

rashmivinay said...

true i agree with every word... :)

rashmivinay said...

true i agree with every word... :)